SA8000 Management Systems Philosophy
Accredited SA8000 certification provides a clear framework for system maintenance and improvement. This management-oriented approach drives continuous and sustainable improvements and minimizes supply chain risks.
An organisation certified to the SA8000® Standard is required to continuously demonstrate that it:
- maintains and promotes policies, objectives, procedures, and communications to effectively inform employees of the organisation’s social compliance program and commitment to SA8000 requirements;
- sustains management commitment to the organisation’s social compliance program, including:
- providing of adequate resources;
- reviewing overall performance on an ongoing basis; and
- driving continual improvement;
- provides channels for workers and external stakeholders to communicate areas of concern and ideas for improvement;
- supports a team of trained workers and managers to oversee the social compliance program; evaluates and acts upon risks associated with the organisation’s suppliers and contractors;
- conducts regular assessments and evaluations to verify compliance and identify improvement opportunities; and
- takes effective actions to address issues and opportunities identified.